The Standards are written as legal documents so that they may be adopted by reference in building codes. The Code (TMS 402) covers the design and construction of masonry structures while the Specification (TMS 602) is concerned with minimum construction requirements for masonry in structures. The commentaries present background details, Committee considerations, and research data used to develop the standards. The commentaries are not mandatory and are for information of the user only.
The 2018 IBC (International Building Code) references the 2016 TMS 402 and TMS 602 for the design and construction of structural masonry, veneer, and glass unit masonry, and it uses the quality assurance provisions from TMS 602 for masonry inspection.
Ordering from outside of the US?
Please call the CMACN office at 916-722-1700 to place all orders and for shipping rates.
Order by Mail
If you’d prefer to order by mail, download the CMACN Bookstore Mail-in Order Form and follow the steps below.
- Enter the QTY for each publication you would like to order
- Calculate the TOTAL for each publication ordered. Note: Professional design firms in California and Nevada receive a 50% discount on CMACN publications and Design Tools
- Calculate the SUB-TOTAL and enter on LINE NO. 55
- California firms, please calculate SALES TAX and enter on LINE NO. 56
- Determine the SHIPPING CHARGE from the table at the bottom of the form and enter on LINE NO. 57
- Calculate the GRAND TOTAL and enter on LINE NO. 58
- Enter Shipping Address at LINE NO. 59. (Please Note: physical address required; Cannot ship to a P.O. Box
- Mail Order Form and Check for GRAND TOTAL to:
Concrete Masonry Association of California and Nevada
6060 Sunrise Vista Dr., Suite 1990
Citrus Heights, CA 95610